Lockers & keeping your gear safe
Securing your gear whilst you exercise gives you peace of mind. Stashing it safely between visits, so you don't have to carry it around, is a service not offered by many gyms in Christchurch, but it is at the UC RecCentre! Read on to find out more.
Cubby Holes, Skateboard racks and small valuables
- There are a number of cubby holes aroudn the centre, if you just want to stash your bag for your workout. These are not secure, so you leave things at your own risk (but we do have camera surveillance)
- Skateboard wall racks are provided, please use them to keep the floors clear of tripping hazards
- Valuables can be left with reception, at your own risk. We will hold onto small items only (like wallets, keys, cellphones).
Free daily lockers
- Limited number padlocks available at reception at no charge
- Simply exchange your membership or UC Card - we'll return it to you when you return the lock
- Or bring your own lock, or purchase one at reception, that way you'll never miss out
- Look for lockers marked DAILY USE ONLY
- Padlocks left overnight will be cut and removed, and UC RecCentre will not pay for a replacement. Your gear will be kept for up to 1month in our lost property boxes.
- Convenience for $20 for one semester, $30 for both semesters, or $50 for almost the full year (hire from early Jan, empty mid-Dec)
- Locker holder must provide their own lock or purchase one from Reception
- It is expected that all gear is removed from lockers at the specified date at the end of your rental (will be specified at time of hiring). You will receive notification in your locker, and to the email address provided at time of hiring
- Any lockers remaining unemptied will have the locks removed and items bagged up and left at reception for a period of three months only. UC RecCentre will not replace your lock or reimburse you for the cost of a new one
- Locker hire cannot be rolled over into the new year to enable maintenance of the lockers.
- Selecting a locker - look for a locker number in the location you want (changing rooms, corridors) that is blank - ie it doesn't have a sticker 'DAILY USE ONLY' or 'HIRED' already on it. These lockers are available for permanent use. Advise reception of the number at time of purchase and we'll double check it is available before issuing it to you.
- UC RecCentre is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items at any time while stored in lockers, or for those cleared or removed as noted in the situations above.
- Gear/toiletries that are removed are held at the RecCentre for 1 month before disposal.
- Any problems? (such as someone else's gear in your locker?) see reception and we'll sort it out