StartMe - Gym Starter
Introducing weight training into your routine is essential to build strong muscles and improve body composition. When used alongside cardio training, you will maximise the results you are after, than if you just did cardio alone. We will get you started in the gym, so you have a routine to get into, using machine and cable based weights machines, the easiest and fastest to use!
Why you should do this StartMe session
- You have never stepped foot in a gym, and have no idea how to set up the machines
- You don't know how to choose the right resistance, reps and sets or how many times a week to workout with weights
- You have done some weights before, but not for a long time, and/or never at the UC RecCentre
- You have your eye on a particular machine that you want to learn how to use
- Session will last for 30mins
- Sign up at Reception or over the phone.
- Free, but bookings are essential
- If you are unable to make your session, we would appreciate the courtesy of a phonecall to advise. Thanks.
On the day
- Arrive 5mins before scheduled start time and check in at reception
- You will be directed to the meeting point
- Wear workout appropriate gear, inlcuding appropriate footwear (no jandals, sandals or bare feet)
For more information
Please call us on 364 2433 or email Sam Garmonsway